A few years ago, I planned this fun disco-themed party for a 9-year old.
We converted per parent's garage into a dance hall, complete with black draping across the walls, a DJ and a Titan's dance instructor!
I had a #9 made for the dessert table in hot pink balloons, a full candy buffet with personalized Chinese take-out boxes, zebra striped paper cones filled with goodies and a rocking disco ball!
- If you are creating a candy buffet, use a combination of glassware in varying sizes. I always keep a closet full with an assortment of vases. Remember, they don't have to be used just for flowers!
- Wal-Mart sells inexpensive "penny candy" jars-the cute ones with the silver lids. I keep a variety of these on hand for parties.
- I like to use fun ribbon and embellishments from the scrapbook aisle at Hobby Lobby or Michael's to add pops of color to my glassware. I found fun gum-ball machines that I hot-glued to ribbon and added to the front of the glassware.
- For the chips and pretzels, I used ice cream cone holders and created paper cones using scrapbook paper! It's fun to think outside for the box for serving ideas. I found a template online and used double-sided tape to keep it held together.
- To hold lollipops in a glass vase, add jellybeans to the vase. This adds more color, and helps stabilize the lollipops!
Check out more pictures from Kristen Steele Photography:
Enjoy the rest of your Friyay!!