10 Ways to Decorate a Wedding Ceremony Arbor
Last year, we had an arbor built that our White Oak Farms couples could use in their ceremonies. We made sure it was simple by design, but that it would fit any bride’s style. We had it stained to match the colors we used on the columns on the porch and the ceiling beams inside. We didn’t want to leave any detail left unnoticed when it came to the ceremony arbor.
We get asked a lot how it can be decorated, so I thought I’d put together a blog post with several styles for you to see!
For our first example, this bride chose a macrame she found on Etsy. We secured it in the back with Command Hooks. Southern Sparkle Florals matched this bride’s bohemian style by accenting it with pampas grass and a stunning floral installation that mimicked her bouquet.
2. For this bride’s arbor, they used a combination of drapery with swooped around the top and gently wrapped around the sides. They finished it off with a floral and greenery installation on the top left and the middle of the right side. It’s the perfect combination of whites and greens to compliment this bride’s gorgeous style.
3. This arbor featured both gray and white drapery, along with two floral installations by J. Kent Freeman Floral Design. This bride loved sunflowers and accented it with a pale sky blue. The combination of drapery with florals is perfect against our all-white interior walls.
4. This arbor was created for a winter wedding hosted here. They draped it in cranberry drapery to match the color’s of the bridesmaids’ dresses. Using a simple swag in the middle and draping it on one side of the created created the perfect visual combination against the floral installation on the top left side. On either side of the arbor, they brought in urns filled with greenery and curly willow accents. They also brought in a small Communion table next to the arbor that they used during the ceremony.
5. This bride used gorgeous white drapery and Sand’s Florist created 3 beautiful floral installations to wrap around the top left and the right hand side of the arbor. We love the classic combination of the white hydrangeas, blush roses and greenery that was used to create this combination for a wedding here.
6. This bride used simple white drapery that had a double swag effect in the middle of the arbor. We loved how this “swoop” effect created a gorgeous backdrop for the bride and groom. She complimented the white drapery with a single floral installation featuring a combination of flowers and greenery that matched her overall wedding color scheme.
7. We love the organic draping this bride chose to use on our arbor. The combination of the asymmetrical swag against the dark wood grain is so pretty in our courtyard. They rounded out the look with a single floral installation on the top right corner using florals from her wedding day. (Also, we’re totally loving the aisle markers at the back of the benches-how gorgeous are those?!)
8. This arbor is pretty special because the bride herself hand-lettered the custom canvas that hung in the back of the arbor. The words “with my whole heart for my whole life” are the backdrop for this wedding ceremony, and we think it’s fabulous! She also used greenery garland to drape around the whole arbor as a contrast to the white canvas. This is one of our favorite installations because the bride did it herself!
9. This bride’s arbor was a combination of swooped white drapery paired with stunning wedding florals. One floral was positioned in the top right corner, while the other was positioned about half way down the left side of the arbor. We love the mixture of drapery and florals on this wedding ceremony arbor. The sunset in the background as this couple shared their first kiss is one of our favorite parts of ceremonies outside!
10. Our last, but certainly not least, arbor is probably one of the most “glam” we’ve had to date. I mean that drapery, greenery tie-backs and chandelier…y’all…this is a showstopper for sure!
That’s a round-up of 10 ways to decorate a wedding ceremony arbor. We hope you’ve enjoyed seeing a variety of styles, colors and options, and that it inspires you as you plan your big day!